Introduction

 

Hi, my name is Carolina Morales and I am a high school student in Florida. 

Throughout the course of this year, I plan to create a magazine with a double-paged spread and a contents page.

The purpose of my blog will be to document the process of how I create the magazine. The magazine will most likely be about how different styles of music videos and genres of music can incorporate art-like qualities that can appeal to anyone.  

Art in its definition, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is " The conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects."  The reason I want to create a magazine about this topic is that music in itself is a form of art, it is a way for someone to let their creativity flow and spread a message of whatever they want, Much like pieces of artwork, music has various meanings and each meaning is up to the person to interpret what they want. 

Main Task: 

My main task will be to complete the magazine with a double-paged spread and a contents page and to complete the evaluation questions given to me at the end. 

The magazine, like I said before, must include a cover page, a double-paged spread, with a contents page. It must also include at least four ORIGINAL images.

Preliminary Task: 

My preliminary task will be to use  Canva.com ( a website that helps people obtain different designs and templates) to create different styles and looks that I could use in my magazine. I will also be researching different types of magazines and popular magazines to see what I could do to make my magazine look as professional as possible. 

At the end of the blog, I must answer some compulsory questions. The questions that I have to answer are:

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

2. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

4. How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project?


Comments

Popular Posts