Feature Story Draft

 


Dogs are man’s best friend.  Almost everyone you know has or has previously owned a pet and nine times out of ten that pet is usually a dog. Dogs come in all shapes and sizes and are considered to be one of the most loyal animals on this Earth. 

Breanna Escobar, a senior high school student, gave some insight on what it’s like to own a dog.  “Between my whole family, I would say we take her out on walks 5 times a day for 15-20 minutes. Exercise is key” Escobar then went on to say how much she feeds her dog Brassy.  “ I feed her two times a day. Once in the morning and once during the evening. She doesn't eat much, and she usually has leftover food in the morning. She eats that for lunch.” 

Different breeds of dogs require different levels of experience.  A first-time pet owner should stay away from breeds that require a lot of attention and care, just until they gain more experience. “I never asked her previous owners, but my family has researched, and we believe that she is mixed with rat terrier,” said Escobar.  Luckily, she has had prior experience with owning pets since Rat Terriers are highly energetic and not best suited for first-time pet owners. “No this is not actually my first pet. I owned several goldfish when I was a child. I also vaguely remember owning two pet turtles that passed away. And I owned a love bird who flew away. I own another love bird right now though, she's a cutie.” 

Although Rat Terriers are highly energetic dogs, Escobar mentions that she and Brassy have a relatively relaxed lifestyle. “My lifestyle is.... pretty chill, to be honest. Especially now with the pandemic, everything is slow and calm. Brassy is the same. She's not one of those dogs that wake you up early in the morning to go outside. She gets up when I get up.” 

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you’re a first-time owner or the breed of your dog; if you love them then that’s enough. Escobar captures this idea quite nicely, “The breed doesn't matter to us though, she's perfect to us.”


Comments

Popular Posts