Preliminary Task Evaluation

For my preliminary task, I created a mock magazine cover and table of contents just so that I could get the feel for what it is I need to do and how I would create it. I had a lot of fun creating it and trying to figure out the mechanisms of how to edit pictures and etc. But in doing all of this I learned that I need to create more skills that can help me in the creation of this magazine. I need to become better at taking pictures because even though the pictures I chose to take for this mock magazine were of a couple drawings that I had previously made,  they had a really bad shadow over them. And then I also had drawings that were too bright, if that makes sense, and then you could barely see the drawing. I've also noticed that I need to plan a lot more for the writing portion of the magazine. I'm going to have to write quite a bit to actually fill up a double-paged spread and at first, I didn't think it would be that much but as I was trying to write the synopsis for "Will Devil's Line get a new season?" it kind of hit me.  I was struggling to write that paragraph because I was trying to choose the right words because it's a summary. I'm not supposed to give away all of the information but I have to give just the right amount of info that would get readers interested in maybe watching the show. So I'm going to have to take lots of pictures and try to figure out the best angles and lighting for said pictures. I'm also going to have to start planning out what exactly is it that I'm going to write for the actual magazine that I create. 






Comments

Popular Posts